Sunday, October 26, 2003

Missing in Action

I guess it's time for an update, since Matt seems to have comfortably gone on vacation and come back since the last time I've posted. I'm looking forward to Iceland update--I hope there are fairies involved.

The last couple of weeks have been horrendously busy-lots of marking, assignments of my own, and my protocol presentation is finally coming up. I like marking and generally most of the students are
pretty good, so often it's a case of learning from them. I wish I'd been able to TA earlier, I think it would have made me a much better student.

For those of you who missed my (well, to be honest, mostly my roomate's) housewarming party, please be aware that it was mentioned in the Globe and Mail.

Also in this time, I spent a very rushed, but very pleasant thanksgiving weekend at the cottage. Apart from the 7 hour drive from Ottawa, it was good to be amongst family. My dad also scrounged some box seats for the Senators' game. I'd always thought that box seats weren't that good, but I've changed my mind. It's the only way to see a game.

The next weekend, Andrew made a suprise visit. If by surprise, you mean, leaving numerous messages on my answering machine the week before that I had neglected to pick up. He was staying at his friend Ryan's place, which fortunately was quite literally a stone's throw from my place and so I was able to see him briefly amongst my weekend of working misery. Very good to see him. Coincidentally, Andrew aand his friends were off to see a band called Space Elevator, a band I had stumbled across at the NXNE, and am the owner of 1 of less than 150 copies existing of their CD.

I also forgot that other people want to go to concerts in Toronto, and many of them seem to be much quicker on the draw than I am, leaving me ticketless for both Beulah and the Thrills.

A final sign the world is ending: I went yesterday to put money down for the new Napster. I know, I know, paying for downloading music is terrible, but they seemed to have a deal that would be worthwhile-$10 bucks a month for unlimited downloading of music (in non-burnable form). Since I don't have a CD burner and listen to music mostly on my computer, I though that it would be a good way to get access to the commercial stuff. However, it appears that Canadian money is no good, so I shall have to stick to the free stuff for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home