Friday, September 05, 2003

Lost in the darkness
The new year is upon us, and my first resolution is to be more consistent with
these updates. well, maybe not my first resolution, but nevertheless an
important one. Since I last wrote, I've been to Ottawa to see my little sister
get married. I'm not a big fan of marriage as an institution, but damn it is a
good excuse for a party. I must sincerely apologize first thought to Andrew.
We tried to connect on the saturday night, but due to my poor planning and the
combined inability to make a decision of 20 of my cousins (Is there a gene for
indecisiveness?) we didn't manage to hook up. Which totally sucks. I'll make it
up to you sometime Drew. Other than that, it was great to see all of my family,
even my South African ones managed to make the trip.
I think the funniest moment though was at about 2:30 am after the wedding. 15
open-bar-level-drunk cousins were down on all fours at a the corner of Elgin and
Maclaren searching for a diamond earring with a funny little man with a backpack
who wanted to sell us a 12-pack of beer for $40 bucks. It was all very
civilized.

Other notes:
-I got tickets to the film festival here, with a combination of me and Dolly
standing in line for a total of 4 and a half hours. We're seeing Good bye
Dragon Inn, Twentynine palms and Madness and Genius. All of which, I'm sure are
soon to become instant classics.

-If anyone is in town, I officially invite them to my housewarming party. See
the cool flyer!

-Big props to Matt for his attempt at a half-marathon. My advice: no problem, it's easier than you think, and more fun. In some ways, I prefer it to a 10K. But don't plan on doing anything that involved climbing up and down stairs afterwards (I learned this the hard way). Also, don't drink too much water. You only need to drink 125 ml every 15 minutes--that means wait at least 3 km before drinking. I'll seriously impressed if you break 1:40. Go Matt!

-This is probably my last week at this url. I'm getting rid of my rogers
account and so need to move all this somewhere else. Possibly my u of t account.
Stay tuned!

-My roomate interviewed Rufus Wainwright yesterday. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home