Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Set yourself on fire

The new stars album came out today. Given that I haven't actually purchased a CD since July, it's pretty amazing that I hold the album in my hand right now. It's still too early to give a real review yet. It seems pretty good, but nothing has really caught me yet. We'll see what a few listens do. Look for them in a Canadian city near you in November.

On the other hand, The Arcade Fire. Well, let's let see what Lindsay says:
i was concerned for a while that i wouldn't ever feel the same way about songs/bands/musicians that i did when i was younger - you know, in that all-encompassing way - but the song Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels) by the Arcade Fire has proved me wrong. seriously. it's so beautiful. it is everything i want in a song

And I like the rest of the album better than her. (Well, I've *heard* more of the album than her).

And Drew...I know that you mentioned wanting to see more "The" bands on the weekend, but I forget if The Kills count (Toronto. November. If they do count)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! unsanctioned appropriation!
(though, to be fair, i DO have a certain crazily good way with words...)(ok, no suing you just yet.)
lindsay

11:31 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

You got to be careful what you put on them thar internets. It's a ripe for the stealing. Especially when you've got evil thieves like me trolling around.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hmmmm....the Kills, eh? Perhaps I'm showing my semi-musical-naivety here, but I can't say I've ever heard any of their stuff. of course, now I'm gonna look them up and say "Ohhhhhh! THEM!!" and regret ever saying anything.

*Ahem* Oh well, too late now.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear mike,
you are totally a troller and also a theif. those photos of your family at cape spear make me miss the east coast. mm-hmm. i hope a bunch of money falls from the sky so that i can take a bunch of time off working awesome desk jobs to go back...
lindsay

12:33 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Okay, I found some stuff from the Arcade Fire, and I have to admit -- I was an instant fan. Mine gott, wicked band! I also checked out the Kills, and so far they haven't grabbed me but it might be one of those one-to-grow-on type of bands.

Okayyyy, now time to find out when Arcade Fire are gonna be in town....

6:04 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

To be honest, I have no idea who the kills are either. I get the "_ills" bands mixed up: The Killers, The Stills, The Thrills (although I know them).

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home