Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Now We Are (Twenty) Six
A very happy birthday goes out to the esteemed Mr. Limmert, who is seeming to have an excellent series of birthday celebrations. It's always great when you can totally maximize birthday celebration potential. In honour of his advanced age, I have produced a slightly altered version of the A.A. Milne classic.

When I was (twenty) one, I'd just begun,
When I was (twenty) two I was nearly new,
When I was (twenty) three I was hardly me,
When I was (twenty) four I was not much more,
When I was (twenty) five I was barely alive,
But now I am (twenty) six! As clever as clever!
And I think I'll stay (twenty) six now for ever and ever!

It's amazing that a poem written for a six year old still feels relevant. Well, maybe it's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home