Tuesday, April 29, 2003

The roof is on fire

So I was on the phone today with CCRA, you know them--"the tax people", asking some questions I had while dutifully doing my year 2001 taxes (yes, yes, it is 2003). Anyway, the very nice and pleasant person didn't immediately know the answer to my question and put me on hold for a while to ask whomever it is they ask for advice. When she got back, there was a distinct change of tone in her voice and she answered my question with a brusque "I think it goes on line 104." I tried to ask a follow-up to clarify and she said, slightly panicking, "I can't talk right now, the building's on fire and I really have to go."

Comforting. On fire, eh? I have to say I am impressed at the level of customer assistance, taking the time to answer questions (although I think wrongly), before fleeing a burning building.

The good news is that the Canadian Government owes me nearly a grand from the year 2001.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home