Thursday, August 15, 2002

Do I look German?
One problem with having a name that is very uncommon, yet common sounding is that people mistake it for other names. Even when you spell it out for them.
Here are some names that I've been called.
Michael Charlton: I went through an entire summer camp being mistaken for this guy. While I like the "mischievous " smile, I don't see the resemblance.
Michael Chaisson once took credit for an exam I wrote. I don't harbour any resentment.
His french female "relative" Michelle Chaisson on the other hand I suspect took advantage of her mixed identity to take credit for this Queen's University environmental award.

Michael Cayton tended to appear when a phone was invovled. Phone tapping must be invovled. He turns out to be "the best friend ever" in college of some guy named Ozy.

I'd also like to take is opportunity to unfairly discredit this guy named Micheal, who I am assigning blame for this horrible mispelling. He is the reason that I've never been able to have a toothbrush with my name on it, as someone decided that one of the most common names in the western world was not as important as this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home