Sunday, May 16, 2004

48:17

Well, it has been awhile. That means it's time for a list posting!
  • Blogger has updated itself. Yay. I guess. The most exciting thing re:blogger is the offering of the gmail account. I'm happy with it, and especially happy with the 1000 megs of storage. I'm using GetMail to forward my hotmail account, but it any of you want to contact me directly it's michael*dot*chaiton*at*gmail.com. It's about as life changing as a new email account can be--which is to say not very. The only thing that's really bugged me so far is the lack of a save draft feature.
  • I've made a couple of trips to Ottawa and finally got to see Andrew as documented in his blog. In the next couple of weeks, I'll also be heading off to Detroit for my cousin's bar mitzah and San Diego to present a paper that I should probably finish writing before I go. I had to chicken out of the trip to Las Vegas with Andy, Dave, Sean, and possibly Chris because of a sudden engagement. But Las Vegas would be totally classic.
  • That sudden engagement: my friend and former roommate from King's is getting married in T.O. on that same weekend. Congratulations to Francis and Katie! Although there was a distant echo of a shotgun in the background, it seems like only a good omens for a very good couple. It's going to be the first wedding of one of a friend for me and I'm psyched for it. Lots of people I haven't seen in years are heading up to Toronto and it should be a right reunion.
  • Oh yeah--I did get into the PhD program at U of T. I'm feeling a little nervous about it right now. I think mostly because I want to be done with the Master's and I want a little time in between to give myself at least some mental space in between. (and of course to do a little travelling)
  • Congrats to Matt for doing the West Highland Way! I think that's something that I'd like to do one of these days, but I can't believe that you didn't think it wouldn't be a physical challenge. I'm not sure if there's anything that brings the words "152" "km" and "walk" together that won't do some serious damage to a good pair of hiking boots.
  • Speaking of physical damage, my knee is all better and I've been getting back into running and put another couple 10k races under my belt. The first one, I did purposely as slow as molasses, so slow that I finished in exactly double the time of my cousin Anne. It was a good run though, all downhill, straight along Yonge from Lawrence to the Skydome. This weekend, I finished in a far more respectable time (at least I broke 50 minutes). I'm enjoying it and I'll think I'll aim for a no-injury 21.1 in the fall.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home